Friday, April 22, 2011

Virtual 3D Sculpture



Virtual Public Art is gaining more and more recognition and is likely to be seen everywhere in the near future thanks to 3G and 4G technology. This illustration is a virtual sketch of a virtual piece I created on my cell. I made the heart using Picsin Draw and sent it to my computer to finish up in PhotoShop. I can't wait until the day there will be a completely other dimension that is unseen without the help of high tech eyes. To view art like this you need a smart phone app like Layar. After installing Layar you use your cell camera to view and photograph the work.

Use this link to see a realized VPAP (Virtual Public Art Project) that I participated in.

There are so many great things about virtual art: it can be any size, plus it doesn't have to sit on the ground and it can be installed inside or out.

Click on the image to get a closer look.